October 12, 2012

Emphasize Eyes: Green


Two weeks ago we showed you how to emphasize brown eyes using purple shades. Today we’re onto our next eye color focus: green! We borrowed Sigma’s general manager to use as our model and demonstrate the best shade for making green eyes pop! (The color may surprise you!) Keep reading to find out how to get the look!

About the model… Tara is the general manager; she oversees Sigma’s PR, HR and operations departments. When we asked this head honcho what her an average day is like for her at the Sigma office she said, “There is never an ‘average’ day when you’re in my shoes! Each day consists of problem solving, managing and learning. There is always a new objective, goal or idea and it’s my job to make it happen. I ensure that Sigma runs smoothly all day, every day.”

Aside from her hefty responsibilities, Tara thoroughly enjoys her co-workers. “I get to work with some truly amazing people. I even get to work with my best friend, Annie (the Affiliate Program Manager), which is just the icing on the cake!"
Tara's top five favorite Sigma products include:
  1. F88 – Flat Angled Kabuki “I love this brush for foundation! It works well with all types and consistencies.”
  2. Paris Makeup Palette “I am obsessed with all the eye shadow colors in the Paris palette; those gurus definitely chose some great shades!”
  3. E65 – Small Angle brush “This brush ROCKS for gel and liquid liner, which is a staple in my beauty routine. I don’t know what I would do without this brush!”
  4. Beauty Expert – Brow Design Kit “What a great product, it honestly has everything you could ever need for your brows. I change my hair color up a lot so this is perfect for me!”
  5. E75 – Angled Brow brush “This brush has changed my brows. I am totally obsessed with doing my brows now and without this brush it wouldn’t be as easy or as fun.”
To get Tara’s featured look and make her green eyes pop, we went with red (the color across from green on the color wheel) for an ultimate contrast. The Dare Palette contained all the perfect go-to shades for creating this look!

Steps:
 1. Using the E70 from the Bunny Collection, lightly pat on the color ‘Chase’ all over the lid.
 2. With the E36, apply the shade ‘Reveal’ into the crease and lightly blend it out with the shade ‘Surrender.’


 3. Apply the shade ‘Catch’ slightly above the crease with the E40 to warm up the look.
4. From there, use the shade ‘Approach’ as a highlighter and apply it onto the brow bone using the E60 brush.
5. With the E15 brush, apply black gel eyeliner to the top lash line. For the bottom lash line, use brown eyeliner. We added 'Snoop' to the middle of the lash line and 'Reveal' on the outer half. 


6. Lastly, finish the look with an application of a mascara of your choice and a swipe of ‘Catch’ for blush with brush F15 works great.


Would you ever consider using red eye shadow? Stay tuned for our next eye color tutorial - hazel!

 © 2012 Sigma Enterprises, LLC 

9 comments:

  1. The colors really made Tara's green eyes stand out! They are as beautiful as the moon shining over the stars in the dark night. Thanks for the wonderful tutorial, Sigma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great idea to choose complementary colors when you want your eye color to really pop. We hope you'll try the look! :)

      Delete
  2. GORGEOUS!!! what amazing eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this tutorial!!! Thank you SIGMA! Since I have green eyes too, its perfect and simple for a everyday look! You guys ROCK! Also are you guys planning to do a tutorial on the "wing look" aka styles for black eyeliner????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will definitely consider doing a wing look tutorial in the future! :)

      Delete