May 29, 2012

Paris Project: Petrilude


Loud! Bold! Drag! Petrilude (aka Josh) is a 27-year-old natural born talent living in NYC. Since his start on YouTube back in 2006, Josh has been creating eccentric, out-of-the-box looks, including his intricate Halloween makeup tutorials that are always a huge hit.

He says his audience is made up of "anyone and everyone!" His advice for those venturing into the makeup world is, “It’s only makeup so have fun with it and try new things and if it doesn't work, wash it off.” 


Josh has had the honor of being invited to do makeup for multiple runway shows for fashion week four seasons in a row.  His most memorable experience in the beauty industry has been “the opportunity to meet many of the people I look up to in the industry for tips and tricks... also finding out that some of them watch my videos and learn from me.” 

Sigma Beauty: What was the most rewarding part about your trip to Paris?
Josh: Getting to know more about the other YouTubers I was on the trip with and seeing how alike everyone is even though we're all so different.

Sigma Beauty: What did you like best about the city itself?
Josh: The architecture! There's so much history in all of the buildings, it's amazing to see how well-preserved everything is.

Sigma Beauty: What did you learn from this experience/collaboration with Sigma?
Josh: I learned so much about Paris' history while seeing all of the sights, and traveling around the city. I also learned that a lot more goes into making an eye shadow/palette than you would think.
Sigma Beauty: What was it like to learn about the process of how an eye shadow palette and eye shadow colors are created?
Josh: It's crazy! Most people think you just go "oh I want a blue" and go from there. But there are so many different shades, so many different finishes, and unlimited possibilities of stuff you can do to make a color. Then when you consider the fact that you have to make it all cohesive, add in blush colors, etc., it makes it even crazier! It was cool to see and be a part of the process, and knowing how much work actually goes into it makes me appreciate it all that much more.

Sigma Beauty: What is your favorite way to wear the eye shadow color that you created?
Josh: Either as a smokey eye, a pop of color in the crease, or used as an eyeliner.

© 2012 Sigma Enterprises, LLC 

9 comments:

  1. I love the colour Josh introduced to this palette, it's just gorgeous and really stands out! It's not a common shade of blue so he's really hit the mark in creating something unique!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We agree! We are loving that color for summer! :)

      Delete
  2. I am loving the palette so far!! I don't know all of the YT-ers so it's nice to meet everyone behind the magic!! Esp Josh! I've never heard of his before and now that I've seen him as part of the Paris palette team, I checked out his YT vids & LOVE THEM! It's like he's been missing in my YT 'must watch' list!! My review of the palette will be posted later on next month! HEART YA SIGMA!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're glad you discovered new YouTubers through the Paris Project!

      Delete
  3. OMG! Its Petrilude! I subscribed on his youtube channel after seeing his tutorial on how to conceal brows!

    Btw, I have an ongoing giveaway which will end in a few days. Hope you could join~

    http://cosplayrune.blogspot.com/2012/05/my-100-followers-thank-you-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing opportunity! Thanks for sharing.

    (✿◠‿◠) Kokofemme

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw that Petrilude is collaborating with Sigma, I was genuinely happy for him. He truly is an artist, his videos are the ones I always go back to and watch them over and over again, and working with him made Sigma even bigger in my eyes! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Anna! We're glad we got the chance to work with him :)

      Delete